PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Westral Insulated Products have the capability to insulate solid or multiple strand cable from 0.60mm (0.28mm sq) to 7.65mm (35mm sq). The bare, coated, or plated cable can be customer supplied or direct purchase. Please note that Westral do not make a finished cable. Our role is to supply you the Cable Manufacturer with mica taped primary conductors, which provide the foundation for your specifically designed Fire Resistant Cable.
BENEFITS TO THE CABLE MANUFACTURER INCLUDE:
- Reduced Mica content while still meeting stringent fire test specifications.
- Reduced costs due to fewer extrusion snags, an overall reduction in total taped diameter and a smooth wrinkle-free finish.
- Guaranteed registration and lap control provide fault free lengths of finished cable.
- Raw material control takes the risk out of Mica quality variation; Westral controls the quality of the Mica and the entire slitting, packaging and taping process.
- Westral's efficient taping service means reduced lead times to help meet your project delivery deadlines. Finished product is supplied on continuous lengths of up to 40 kms long, depending on customer requirements.
THE FINISHED PRODUCT
Smoothness, uniformity and repeatable taping consistency are just some of the improvements you will see from Westral taped conductors. Our custom designed electronic machines allow us to consistently wrap to any construction with guaranteed registration. Westral can provide high performance conductors across the range of sizes from 0.60mm (0.28mm sq) to 7.65mm (35mm sq). Westral also carry out extensive "in house" fire tests using furnace equipment designed to duplicate accredited laboratory tests, this is how we can guarantee product performance and consistency.